ASUS’ ZenBook line is full of remarkable laptops and today we have got to discuss the ZenBook Pro (UX550VD) Ultrabook. With a dedicated GTX 1050 graphics card, this laptop is something that an enthusiast would love to buy in a mid-range. Let’s dig deep into this £1299.99 laptop.
What’s Under The Hood?
Before going towards the specifications list, let me tell you that this ZenBook Pro is quite different from the ZenBook 3. Not only because of the GTX 1050 but also, the Intel Core i7-7700HQ processor makes it a great choice for those who want to remain updated.
- Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ processor
- Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® 1050
- Display: 15.6” IPS LED-backlit Full HD (1920 by 1080 16:9)
- Memory: 8GB 2400MHz DDR4 onboard
- Storage: 512GB SATA3 SSD
- Interfaces: 2 x Type-C™ USB 3.1 Gen 2 (thunderbolt), 2 x Type-A USB 3.1 Gen 1, 1 x
- HDMI, 1 x Combo audio jack, 1 x Micro SD Card reader
- Keyboard: Full-size backlit, with 1.5mm key travel
- Touchpad: Glass-covered with optional integrated fingerprint sensor supporting Windows Hello; intelligent palm-rejection support
- Quad speakers: ASUS SonicMaster stereo audio system with surround-sound. Certified by Harman Kardon
- Wi-Fi: Dual band 802.11ac Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.2
- Battery and Power: 73Wh 8-cell lithium-polymer battery. 120W power adapter
- Dimensions: 36.5 cm x 25.1 cm x 1.89 cm
- Weight: 1.8 kg
Interestingly, the RAM is soldered to the motherboard, so there is no option to upgrade or change it. Also, there is only one M.2 connector and that comes already filled by the 512GB SATA 3 SSD. So, if you are planning to make some changes to the RAM section, that’s not going to happen!