Toshiba America Electronic Components, Inc. (TAEC) or more popularly known as Toshiba, has announced its new MQ04 Series 2TB HDD. The HDD will serve well for the Client Storage Applications.
Toshiba’s new 2TB hard drive’s model is ‘MQ04ABD200’ and you can use it in:
- AIO Systems
- Notebook PCs
- Slim-line desktop systems
In addition to these, all other applications which require 2.5-inch mobile-class durability with high capacity storage needs can use the drive for excellent results.
- The drive fits a 2.5-inch, 9.5 mm height form factor
- 6 Gbit/s SATA interface and 5,400 rpm performance
- A large 128 MB buffer providing 34% increase in maximum transfer rates
- If you compare it with the 1 TB mobile-class HDD of Toshiba, this drive has up to 50% improved power efficiency
Scott Wright, Director of HDD Marketing for Toshiba America Electronic Components, Inc spoke about the drive:
Achieving 2 TB capacity in the industry-standard 2.5-inch form-factor is a big advance in both value and performance. With a field-proven two disk 9.5 mm design heritage, the new MQ04 2 TB model offers excellent value and capacity in a space-efficient design.
The Toshiba MQ04 2 TB Hard Drive is out and you can buy it from any of your favorite retailer or e-tailer.