SSDs are growing in demand every other day and its time that all commercial and home-based PCs should move towards SSD selection. Plextor is the company behind some great hardware options and today, we got to look over its M9Pe 512GB & 1TB NVMe PCIe SSD. Now the M9Pe represents the SSD with a Toshiba BiCS 3 64-layer TLC flash array.
You might already know what you can get out of BiCS 3 as its performance bar is quite high. The third generation of BiCS 3 64-layer 3D TLC being displayed at this year’s Dell/EMC World via the XG5, it may even raise more as far as the performance is concerned.
The two variant models, M9PeY and M9PeGN come with some differences in the features set. However, we’ll focus on the common features list:
- TrueSpeed and TrueProtect technologies which are Plextor’s exclusive
- TrueSpeed technology will help to keep long-term SSD performance at like-new speeds even after excessive use
- The multi-layered TrueProtect technology, as the name states, will be checking mechanism automatically executed by the firmware
- Also, the TrueProtect mechanism keeps data access error-free
- Marvell’s latest third generation LDPC bit correction ensures data accuracy
Here are the three variants of the Plextor’s M9Pe Series SSD based on different capacities and versions:
- M9PeY (AIC with heat sink)
- M9PeG (M.2 with heat sink)
- M9PeGN (M.2 only)
The SSDs come with a 1.5 Million Hours Warranty!